Sunday 27 October 2013

Doing it for the Donkeys

 
This week I have put down my pattern designs and Christmas knits and been doing my bit for the donkeys by knitting blanket squares for Clough Hall Animal Sanctuary at Stockport.
 
I have been doing this with the rest of my stitch and knit group and we have a fair few already!
 
Here are some of mine what do you think!
 
Doing this was also a great way to use up my odds and ends which has made room for me to buy more so its win win all round ;)
 
As well as doing the squares one of my friends has spent the past few weeks making poppies to sell for the poppy appeal, here is the one I brought! Our company is also matching all the money she make selling them pound for pound which is fantastic!
 
 
 
It really is brilliant to be able to give something back by doing something you enjoy and there are so many charities and local hospitals out there wanting your knitted items, check out the UKHKA site which has loads of details and ideas!!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment