Sunday 16 April 2017

The Moment My Life Changed Forever...

12:39pm on Wednesday 18th January - that's the moment my life changed forever. It is the moment my daughter Matilda came in to the world.

Nothing can prepare you for that amazing moment and the overwhelming love my heart was suddenly filled with, and 12 weeks on that feeling has only got stronger!



Any mothers out there will know motherhood is hard work and within 24 hours - who am I kidding it didn't take that long - any illusions I had that I would be spending my days knitting as I gazed at my sleeping beauty were gone, but I wouldn't change it for the world! But as I have slowly got to grips with my change in role and learnt to do the house work one handed it has meant Matilda's nap times have become my knitting times and I'm excited to say I have two patterns completed that will be published in the summer issues of KnitNow magazine.

I also have a new design venture with Cygnet Yarns so keep your eyes peeled for some new patterns by me in their fabulous yarns!

But currently at the top of my to do list is the review of the new Arne and Carlos Book; Field Guide to Knitted Birds, that I have been lucky enough to receive a copy from the publishers Searchpress, so stay tuned as my book review will be posted in the next few days.

So it really is all go for me right now and I wouldn't change it for the world! I have always been driven to push and challenge myself with my knitting and designing but with the arrival of Matilda that has just increased my drive so much more as I am now not just doing this for me but I am doing it for my daughter. In years to come I want to show her that if you work hard enough you will succeed at your dreams.
I want her to have a mummy she can be proud of.

No comments:

Post a Comment